Saturday, February 25, 2012

And now, ancient maps.

...specifically, maps that I made when I was, I dunno, twelvish, and had aspirations of being a hackish fantasy writer.  At this point, I have no idea what the first one was for; the other three are all meant to be in the same world.  The less said about the story set in that world, the better; the main character was an assassin, but he was a good-guy assassin 'cause he only took jobs murdering the shit out of people who "deserved" it.  But then he somehow, can't even begin to remember how, got transported to this demon's palace with this gnome, and they escaped onto the gnomes' island, and then he hooked up with his old girlfriend whom he had thought dead and decided to stop being an assassin and then, I dunno, some demons attacked or something; I could go back and refresh my memory, but I'd be kind of embarrassed, to be honest.

Anyway.  Maps.  If you want to set your series of eighty-three bestselling, thousand-page fantasy novels in this fascinating, richly-imagined setting, the royalties are extremely reasonable.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jeremy pontificated to the effect that...

Lot of emphasis on mines in the second one. Do the materials being mined for have thought out properties or socioeconomic significance?

1:55 AM  
Blogger GeoX, one of the GeoX boys. pontificated to the effect that...

In this fascinating world, people use different colored gems to cast different kinds of magic. I truly cannot remember how magic was categorized. It was probably, ahem, strongly influenced by different D&D schools of magic, but there might've been some sorta elemental-type thing mixed up in there too.

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home