Friday, February 11, 2022

The Offer

 I've looked at some of your work, and I think you'd be a really great fit for our organization.  You're a free thinker with the ability to forcefully express your ideas.  Now, before we go any further, I'd like to put all of our cards on the table.  It's important to be honest with things like this.  From reading your work, I have a general idea of your politics, and I know what you're thinking: we're an organization devoted to spreading right-wing propaganda, and this is in square opposition to your principles.  And I admire that, but I also think you possibly might have a slightly mistaken view of who we are and what we do.  Listen: I don't consider myself particularly right-wing.  I've voted for Democrats in every Presidential election since I was old enough to vote in '92.  What we're about, in fact, is viewing the geopolitical sphere with a healthy skepticism and providing our readers with the information they need to critically assess facts for themselves.  You don't need to change who you are to work with us; you just have to be willing and able to question narratives, left or right.  I know we've been in the news a lot lately for supposedly being climate-change deniers, and frankly, I find that to be unfair and embarrassing.  I can't speak for everyone who works for us, but personally, I'm not a denier at all.  I just think it's important to be able to view the full contours of a problem.  Hey, we're people, you, me, and everyone; we have the tendency to follow familiar orthodoxies without necessarily thinking them out.  Let's make it very clear: working with us doesn't mean that you have to abandon your ideals.  Far from it; your ideals are a big part of why I like you.  And that's what it come down to: I think you're a person who has strongly-held principles but also recognizes that we all have blind spots that sometimes need to be further investigated.

500k a year with full benefits, and possible bonuses for television appearances.  In addition to everything else, you'll be living very comfortably if you come onboard with us.  Honestly, from my perspective, this looks like an extremely easy decision.  What do you say?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Evelyn pontificated to the effect that...

I wouldn't violate my core principles for that much money, but I would spend a whole lot of effort trying to come up with an explanation for why it wouldn't technically count as violating my core principles.

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home