Friday, September 30, 2005

Random Ten

Because people were literally breaking down my door demanding further installments. Really: literally. They smashed an enormous hole in my door. It was a bad scene.

01. Ceili Moss, “Hot Asphalt”
I have trouble Understanding the lyrics, but it’s super-infectious. 8/10

02. Echo and the Bunnymen, “My White Devil”
Don’t say it’s life! On the barrier! I don’t know what it means, but I’ve always enjoyed this one. 8/10

03. ABBA, “The Day Before You Came”
Um, yeah. An ABBA song without a chorus. Whose brilliant idea was that? 4/10

04. Joe Strummer, “It’s a Rockin’ World”
From some sort of South Park CD, bizarrely enough. But it is indeed rockin.’ 8/10

05. Pulp, “Disco 2000”
I don’t suppose this requires much comment. 8/10

06. The Skels, “The Rain Came Pissin’ Down”
I can’t say I have a great deal of respect for this band, artistically speaking, but yeah, they have some pretty fun songs, and this is one. 8/10

07. Echo and the Bunnymen, “Nocturnal Me”
This is in the top-tier of Bunnymen songs. The gypsy-esque beat is really great. 9/10

08. Manic Street Preachers, “Mr. Carbohydrate”
This is the one that goes, “They call me a boring fuckhead/Say I might as well work in a bank. You have to love that. 7/10

09. Blood or Whiskey, “Chloe”
Lyrics on the crass side, but not bad. 6/10

10.Suede, “The Two of Us”
Breathtaking. 10/10

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous pontificated to the effect that...

Disco 2000 totally deserves a 10! And you know it!

~G

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home