Monday, June 19, 2006

Casey's Last Ride

So I heard a radio ad by the Casey campaign attacking Santorum. Yeah! That's good! The ad was about how Santorum is soft on immmigration. Um. That's kinda bad. Yeah, and the ad was pretty borderline racist. Hey! That's really bad!

So it's talking about how, oh, Santorum's English-language website is all tough on immigration and stuff, but his Spanish-language site--that is a different story! And the narrator would describe what was on the English site, and then whenever he switched to talking about the terrible, pandering Spanish one, this kind of mariachi-ish thing--something famous; you'd know it if you heard it--would play in the background. "Rick Santorum is tough on immigration on his English-language site, but on his Spanish-language site, it's always a party." Paraphrasing, but definitely not messing with the sense. He did use the word "party."

You know, I never thought I'd be this guy, but this is really the last fucking straw. Sorry, Bob--hope ya win, but you're gonna have to do it without me. To quote ee cummings, there is some shit I will not eat.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous pontificated to the effect that...

Well hey, now you know how I feel. This fall, I'm voting for the most antiwar third party I can find.

- SK

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home