Friday, September 14, 2007

Jack Chick vs. Dinosaurs!

We've all been waiting a long time for this day, even if we didn't quite know it. The later part of the tract, which just goes on about the usual Bible story/accept Jesus business, is pretty formulaic, but the first part is pure fucking GOLD, featuring anthropomorphic dinosaurs and the best extinction theory EVAH--plus such phun phacts as "in 1841 [dragons] were renamed 'dinosaurs!'"

This isn't quite on the same level as Fairy Tales, I'll grant you, but it still ranks as a latter-day classic. Is ChickCo having a creative renaissance?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Chance pontificated to the effect that...

This blog rules. Jack Chick rules. Tom Waits rules. Samuel Beckett rules. The Democrats, however, suck for allowing themselves to be vilified by the most blatantly evil hypocritical morons in the history of American politics.

8:15 PM  
Blogger GeoX, one of the GeoX boys. pontificated to the effect that...

I agree! On all counts! ...well, actually, I guess I'll withhold judgment on the awesomeness of this blog. But aside from that: right on.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Kaitlyn pontificated to the effect that...

No, I love, I love, I FUCKING LOVE the old man when he says "That's the price of sin, my boy!" He looks so damn demented...

And if the atmosphere was thinner after the flood, why didn't the elephants die? Aren't they big? yes, but they're mammals and mammals go to heaven.

And... who talked about dragons as late as 1841 as if they were real? Besides crazy people or people on something. Thank you for posting this, it is too damn funny.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Chance pontificated to the effect that...

And also:

What about the small dinosaurs? Eaten by lions, I suppose.

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home