Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I think you'll agree that this is pretty awesome.

So this guy, Zak Smith, drew an illustration for each page of Gravity's Rainbow (corresponding to the pagination of the Penguin Twentieth-Century Classics edition). The mind boggles, especially considering that they're really good illustrations. I feel like they really get across the spirit of the novel. It seems kind of futile to single out individual examples, especially given that I haven't even looked at them all yet, but here is a striking picture of Blicero.

I have to say, looking at them fills me with a wicked desire to reread GR. It seems indisputable that in a single reading I have unearthed but a tiny fraction of its rewards. Then again, I haven't read V even once. Or Mason & Dixon. Decisions, decisions...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home