Friday, October 24, 2008

"Destroys my days" might be pushing it, BUT...

I was at the supermarket today, and, in a bizarre turn of events, the Manic Street Preachers song "The Everlasting" started playing over the loudspeaker. There is undoubtedly something disquieting about learning that a band about which you were at one point as fanatical as you ever were about anything is now considered sufficiently anodyne to be played as background muzak punctuated with announcements about exciting sales in our produce department and injunctions for a cashier to come to register three for a ring-up. I look forward to hearing them play "Of Walking Abortion" next time.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous pontificated to the effect that...

Maybe their manager just has fine taste in music. Or, perhaps, their manager is actually Richey James, incognito.

Are you playing the fan translation of Mother 3? It feels so goddamn weird to play it. It looks the same as Earthbound, with some of the same oddball humour, but it's a lot darker and more serious.

- SK

6:07 PM  
Blogger GeoX, one of the GeoX boys. pontificated to the effect that...

Man, I BADLY want to play it. The only problem right now is that I REALLY want to play it on my DS, but I only have a Mac, with which my flash cart is not compatible, and I can't do it on my office computer because I am not authorized to install hardware on the damn thing. So long story short, I'm going to flash it at my parents' house over Thanksgiving break. And all shall be well.

But in the meantime, DQIV DS ain't half bad either.

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous pontificated to the effect that...

I actually got a DS - my first new video game system in like nine years. I _love_ The World Ends With You, and firmly believe that the soundtrack is the album of the year (as I stated on amazon), so I greatly recommend it in the event that you haven't played it yet.

I'm emulating Mother 3, though. Let me know what you think. It really is such a strange feeling to see it. It feels like "Earthbound from a parallel universe" rather than "a sequel to Earthbound."

SK

8:14 PM  
Blogger GeoX, one of the GeoX boys. pontificated to the effect that...

I'd heard good things about The World Ends with You, but somehow it passed me by. I shall pencil it into my schedule. And I will be sure to pontificate on Mother 3 when that blessed day arrives.

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home