Monday, November 24, 2008

The Wolf within

Believe me--you do NOT want to miss this. I know there's not much currency in holding the writings of high school kids up for...scrutiny, let's say...but hey: SHE'S the one who opted to put it out there in front of god and everyone, even if she WAS enabled by some sadistic editor.

The paper also deserves part of the credit (although there's plenty of "credit" to go around), for, in addition to publishing it, not even bothering to subject Ms Hamilton's piece to the most cursory kind of copy-editing. Seriously: what kind of crap-ass newspaper IS this? Does the fact that it appears in the "Education" section indicate that this is someone's subtle indictment of public education? Or what?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous pontificated to the effect that...

What the fuck.

But here's the funny part -- when she applies for college, she'll be able to call herself a published author when she lists her extra-curricular activities, and chances are good that they'll just give her bonus points without actually reading her published works!

SK

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous pontificated to the effect that...

...Although, I have to say, I was not expecting _that_ denouement. I thought they were just going to make out or something.

SK

8:41 PM  
Blogger GeoX, one of the GeoX boys. pontificated to the effect that...

It came as a surprise to me too. I think it is almost a certainty that Ms. Hamilton was deeply influenced by this Twilight series of books that's apparently all the rage these days and about which I am trying my best to know as little as possible.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home