Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Not shy enough, if anything.

If there's one thing I like, it's when people add complete nonsense to wikipedia pages and it doesn't get corrected because nobody cares enough. I happily happened across this, f'rinstance, from the entry on extremely minor new-wave band Kajagoogoo:
I especially like that "citation needed"--as if some editor thought, well, it's somewhat plausible that Trent Reznor was almost a member of Kajagoogoo, but we need proof. Hopefully, someone will write an article about Reznor that, drawing on the wikipedia page, repeats this claim, and then wikipedia can cite it as evidence, and the circle of life can continue.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous pontificated to the effect that...

Well, Reznor did start out in the (even more) minor new-wave band "Option 30," so it's at least vaguely plausible...

SK

1:33 PM  
Blogger GeoX, one of the GeoX boys. pontificated to the effect that...

I had a brief moment where I thought, whoa--could this be true? Because that would be one of the most amazing facts ever. Then, I realized that Reznor was a no-name eighteen-year-old in 1983, and alas the dream died.

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home