Monday, August 17, 2020

Oh, NO! Not Hallmark!!

The latest newsletter from ChickCO brings some extremely old-school homophobia, straight no chaser:


The first thing I have to say: if the flippin' Hallmark Channel--that outfit that people keep on in the background as sonic wallpaper in the knowledge that nothing that's shown is going to be too challenging or require too much attention--had really been serving as some sort of emotional ballast for you...you might want to reexamine your life.  What are you even DOING?

The second thing I have to say: given the number of right-wing goons in power, it would pay not to be TOO complacent about the status of LGBTQ rights.  But what I CAN say is that the forces of regression that ChickCO represent have very definitively lost this particular part of the culture war.  Don't get me wrong; I know there are still redoubts of homophobia throughout the country, and you've gotta fight against them, but mainly you've just gotta roll your eyes at them continuing to babble in 2020 about sinful "alternative lifestyles" &c.  Way to make yourself even less relevant than you ever were, guys.  I'm sure you're gonna win a lot of souls this way.

The third thing I have to say: "David W. Daniels' newest paperback, NEW KING JAMES - THE BRIDGE BIBLE contains over 10 pages detailing how the word "sodomites" was changed to "perverted persons," and "temple prostitutes," etc.  First: OVER TEN PAGES?!?  Slow down there, Proust!  How much free time do you think I have?!  Second: ...seriously, what in white cis-gendered heterosexual male God's name are you babbling about?  If you think your message is so vitally important, maybe you could take a few moments to ensure that it doesn't come across as complete gibberish?  I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home