Sunday, May 29, 2005

Enough is ENOUGH

You know, one of the reasons I like Steeleye Span so much is that they really did their research: they went out and found really obscure old English folk songs that I had never heard before and revitalized them. Hurrah for that. Unfortunately...it seems to me that bands who specialize in what is nebulously referred to as "Celtic" music rarely can be bothered to do the same. Or at least, there are some songs that every Celtic band EVER feels it must cover So we get the same dozen or so damn songs played over and over and bloody OVER with minimal variation. Assez! Here is a list off the top of my head:

Whiskey in the Jar
Black Velvet Band
The Wild Rover
The Irish Rover
I Tell Me Ma
A Drunken Sailor
Tim Finnegan's Wake
Star of the County Down
The Leaving of Liverpool

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home