Thursday, August 27, 2009

I am apparently a worthless sentimentalist.

Obviously, Ted Kennedy's death was a serious downer, even if it wasn't any big surprise. Dude was one of those vanishingly rare politicians whom I'm willing to call an American Hero without a trace of irony and without tacking any caveats on. And yet for some reason, it wasn't until I saw this cartoon that I was actually brought to tears. Just goes to show: we may pride ourselves on being rational creatures, but when push comes to shove, emotion's gonna get the upper hand.

UPDATE: Not that I believe there's any statistically meaningful chance of it doing anything, but you might as well sign these petitions. It'll take you less than a minute, and it can't hurt.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous pontificated to the effect that...

I was not brought to tears, but yeah, I respected him. His foreign policy stands were much less liberal than his domestic policy ones (he supported Clinton's war in Kosovo), but at least he voted against the Iraq war, which is more than we can say for a lot of Democrats.

- SK

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home